Regardless of what type of business you operate, chances are pretty high that you need some kind of labeling system. The difference is, of course, how you obtain your labels. Industrial label makers have shown time and time again to save organizations money and time, yet still, many opt to outsource their labeling needs.
Labels are a source of identification that allow businesses to clearly identify where and what things are. They are the ultimate organizational tool that keep your operations running smooth and efficiently, without confusion.
Benefits of having your own industrial label maker:
- Print on demand- When things change, you’re ready. No wait time, just go to your printing station and print what you need, when you need it.
- Ready when standards change- When regulations or codes change, you’re ready to implement new signage to keep you in compliance, without having to wait for a third party print company.
- Increase visual awareness- Visuals are one of the most important safety items in your facility. Being able to print labels on demand for any circumstance will not only increase your visual awareness, but also help your safety efforts as well.
- Ability to create custom labels- You’re no longer subjected to generic labels. With your own industrial label printer, you can make any kind of label you can think of.
Help the budget
Printing your labels on your own industrial label maker will end up costing a fraction of what it would’ve been to purchase pre-printed labels, or from an older, outdated labeling system. On average, industrial label printer owners save between 50-80% on their labeling costs, versus using other methods. Below is a price comparison from one of the top selling and performing industrial label makers on the market, LabelTac, to give you an idea of just how much you could start saving today.
Free PPE Guide: Get To Know The Gear That Keeps You Safe
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is paramount to proper safety techniques in manufacturing, construction, or industrial facilities. This PPE guide illustrates PPE symbols and requirements. Make sure all employees are familiar with required PPE in their areas.
It doesn’t get any easier
Whether you’re computer savvy or not, printing labels on an industrial label maker has never been easier. Most industrial label makers today are essentially plug-in-play. Meaning, you can simply plug in your new device into any computer and start printing, without hassle. Most industrial label makers are designed to print from Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, and many specific label generation programs, like those used in Arc Flash analysis. You can also print custom labels, or use the templates provided by the manufacturer, either way, you are in control of your printing.
The Visual Workplace
Visual management is a workplace that is a self-ordering, self-explaining, self-regulating and self-improving environment where what is suppose to happen does, on time, every time because of visual solutions.
-Visual Workplace, Visual Thinking by Gwendolyn Galsworth
A visual workplace is a consistent mechanism for communication and information throughout your organization, regardless of the time of day, or who’s around. When you are able to provide visual cues to answer common questions, you are able to make your workplace a safer and more productive environment for all to work in.
The keys to a visual workplace are of course, the visual cues. Without your own industrial label maker it is extremely difficult to design and implement the visual workplace you seek to create. Timing is everything in the workplace. Having your own industrial label maker provides you with the benefit of determining what you need, when you need it, and more importantly, the ability to change as needed, if the language or placement needs adjusting.
What are you waiting for?
If you’re not looking to improve your efficiency, productivity and safety measures, then you probably have no use for an industrial label maker. However, for the rest of the organizations out there looking to improve, it should be clear that this is one purchase your workplace needs.
Not all industrial label makers are created equal though!
Do yourself a favor and do a little research. There are lots of inexpensive makes out there that may end up costing you more in the end. Get one that’s going to last and continuously provide you with long-lasting, durable labels for the long-haul.
- Is the LabelTac 9 Printer Right for your Facility?
- Starting A Visual Workplace, Pt. 1
- 6 Reasons to Invest in a Visual Workplace
- DIY Workplace Labels – Make These 8 Types Yourself
- Reviewing the LabelTac 4 Printer
- About the LabelTac Pro X Printer
- Visual Communication 101
- GHS Label Creation– creativesafetysupply.com
- 7 Benefits of having an Industrial Label Maker– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- What you can Create with the LabelTac Software– babelplex.com
- Review: The LabelTac 9 Printer– iecieeechallenge.org
- Reviewing the LabelTac Pro X Printer– realsafety.org
- Pipe Labels – In house vs pre-made– safetyblognews.com
- Printing Multi-Color Labels and Signs– blog.labeltac.com